Thursday, November 3, 2011

SteckTacularPE goes CHA CHA!!!!!

For the Lab C portion of my class, we had to pick an international game and turn it into our own creation. For me i chose the Cha Cha to spice up the life of our future educators. The road getting to this point has been one filled with joy and excitement. From an elementary school learning different motor skills and assessment, to incorporating technology into a lesson, this experience has brought me out of my shell and into a new world. 


Technology is an extraordinary was to show case who you are and you want to be as a future educator. Those who take advantage of it will reap the awards of sharing professional pictures and videos that YOU CREATE. You may think i'm bluffing but what the use of programs like picasa, prezi, and youtube you can show the world that hey you know what i am an educator and this is why! Let your actions speak louder than your words
 So the Cha Cha, how to incorporate a dance into your lesson. When people think PE they think "oh hey dodgeball, tag, soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc". Throw that idea out the door, and the lesson plans that go with it. You want to integrate PE the right way? Use sports that haven't been thought of yet. Use your own ideas to shape your students learning. You are the adult responsible, You control their learning, and You have the opprotunity to take PE to a whole new level. A level that your students will remember forever!






So any individual can use a youtube video, copy and paste it onto a prezi to use for their presentation. Let's think for a minute. That would be too easy now wouldn't it? To take a video you didn't post and use it for your own presentation. Copyright issues much? Forget all that. Take 20 minutes out of your time to make a video for your students! Show them you care by taking time out of your your schedule to ensure their education! Now why aren't all teachers doing that? Answer - They are LAZY!! So prezi, why use it? Sick of dragging a poster board full of clas rules and cues? Never fear! Upload it onto a picasa and you my friend have your own personal lesson plan! Don't like how it looks? Never fear, you can always edit it after you present it to fit it to your liking. Pretty snazzy eh?



The Cha Cha. When i sat down a few days before this lesson i thought to myself how awesome is this experience going to be! What i got was a handful of mistakes that changed my outlook on the lab itself. Many mistakes to choose from, which one should i explain first? Well how about the fact that i didn't plug in m lap top to my speakers? Or how about not getting my music playing when i planned to do that? Or how about not giving feedback to my students? Or how about my peers telling me my introduction was the best part of my lesson because of my prezi and how i presented it? Well that's exactly how i felt when i was teaching. I was so passionate about the intro that when i got to my lesson i didn't quite figure out everything. Just goes to show how much effort i put in each. My hook and intro were on point to the task that was given. The demonstrations i felt were good as well and i pinpointed some students which made me lesson more efficient.   





No comments:

Post a Comment