Thursday, March 31, 2011

A new beginning to an existing dream

     Recently i have found myself in a tough situation. Running cross country and track for the past 8 years i've run into a mental block. For those who don't know i ran in the NCJAA national 10K race. The results of that race weren't great as i crossed the finish line last. Coming into this semester at SUNY Cortland i haven't had motivation to run lately.
     However with weeks gone by and began talking to my future cross country coach about running. We had a nice 45 chat about running and what is expected of me if i were to join. Also i have a room mate next door that i've gone to high school with who has run like i have in hgih school. She offered to get me back on track. Ever since Monday i've been running like my old self. I'm starting to get in 40 miles a week on my journey to make the Cortland XC team and run in a national meet again to avenge my last trip.
     To those who dream big keep striving for your dreams because if you keep up with it eventually it will be yours. That is something i want to prove during my time here at SUNY Cortland.

No comments:

Post a Comment