Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hard work pays off at track meet

     This past friday i was involved in the track meet at Cortland where i ran unattached for two races. A  month ago i decided to begin training again for running because of my chance to be apart of the cross country team in the fall. I entered myself in the 1500 meter and the 5K race to see where i stood.


     Having not ran a competitve race since almost a year ago i was nervous to find myself back into the competition. I seeded myself at a 4:50 with my best time being 4:36 back in community college. I crossed the finish like with a 4:40 flat which was 4 seconds slower than my personal record. To call this a motivational boost is an understatement. I couldn't believe that i was almost as good as i was a year ago and it only took me a month of training! So what's the moral of this blog? You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it. Believe in yourself and just as my old coach used to say "NGU - Never Give Up" on anything. I'm one step closer to my dream and that is to make the cross country team


     I did finish last in the 1500 and next to last in the 5K with a 18:15 but that's not the point. The point is i'm returning to a lifestyle that i gave up almost a year ago. I plan on aking this to new heights, heights i never thought were possible until i make them possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment